Hey Loves! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! I know I did! My family went on a mini vacation to Rhode Island for the 4th & my brother’s 21st Birthday! It was super relaxing and fun! I definitely love short vacations!
Today I wanted to share with you my skin care must haves! These products are amazing, tried and true products! They saved my skin! I am sure that these products would be great for all skin types BUT will really help people with super dry skin!
I started this skin care journey about a year and a half ago! I was sick and tired of having dry skin and it messing up my makeup. I wanted smooth, poreless & hydrated skin so bad & I was determined to fix my skin issues.
I started to do some product research (learning product info & reading other blogs) made my list & headed to Sephora.
Funny story! I ended up with NONE of the products I researched!
(These products have accumulated over time, I did not find my holy grails at first but now …a year and a half later…I highly recommend all these products to everyone with dry skin)
STEP ONE – Cleanse your face. PLEASE everyone wash your face every night before you go to bed! Your face ages 2 days (I have even heard 7 days before) when you don’t wash your makeup off!! I use a face brush everyday to cleans my skin. It helps exfoliate and deep clean the skin! If you are looking for a good/inexpensive face brush I recommend the Vanity Planet Spin for Perfect Skin Face & Body Brush (you can google for coupon codes to get 60-70% off …one that works now is LUXESKIN).
1. The CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser – This cleanser was recommended to me by my friend Kate & I have loved it ever since! It’s a soothing cleanser that gently cleans the skin but also hydrates the skin. It has hyaluronic acid in the cleanser which is amazing because it keeps collagen synthesis up, as well as retaining skin moisture (it also holds 1000x it’s weight in water).
2. I also use the Arbonne Smoothing Facial Cleanser. I can’t say enough about this stuff. It is anti-aging, hydrating & cleans skin better than any other cleanser I have ever used (I have tried a lot). To my shock I love Arbonne. I went to a couple of parties last year and tried new products every time. And I am SHOOK at how much I love their products. This is the only cleanser that completely takes off all my makeup, there is literately nothing on my cotton pad when I use a toner (I have never used a cleanser that good). And it doesn’t dry out my skin which is honestly a miracle.
STEP TWO – Use a toner. Toners help remove extra oil & dirt that your cleanser left behind. It also helps to cleanse pores and can reduce the appearance of pores.
1. Simple Cleansing Micellar Water – This stuff is awesome! Really removes dirt end extra product without leaving a residue/sticky feeling. I have found that a lot of Micellar waters can leave my skin having a weird sticky feeling. This is the only one that I have used that doesn’t. It also helps hydrate the skin & it’s cheap!
STEP THREE – Apply Serum. Serum comes before moisturizer. Serums have smaller molecules that penetrate deeper into the skin. It’s like a primer for moisturizer (just like you would use a primer for foundation). Do not miss out on the benefits of a serum. It is an essential part of good skincare. I have a lot of serums that are great but I have narrowed them down to my favorites.
1. Belif Hungarian Water Essence – This is a water-like serum. It sinks right into the skin. I have repurchased this several times because it is soooo good.
2. Glossier Super Bounce Serum – This is similar to the Belif Essence. It is water-like serum and sinks into skin fast and gives instant results. I love this stuff and gives me the same results as high end brands! You can shop with me https://www.glossier.com/
STEP FOUR – Moisturizer. Moisturizing is such an important part of skincare! Next to cleansing it is crucial for healthy skin & helps so much with anti-aging. I have been using moisturizer everyday since I was 10 years old…YES 10! Moisturizer is for everyone! If you have dry, oily, acne prone or combination skin there is a moisturizer out there for you and you need to start using one today if you don’t!
I have also have a lot of moisturizers but the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream with Super 7 Complex is BY FAR the best! This stuff has made the biggest difference in my skin. It is so smooth and hydrating and is PACKED with the most amazing ingredients such as lotus flower extract, blue-green algae extract, hibiscus fruit extract, fig fruit extract, vitamins C and E, vegetable glycerol and maca root extract. it is proven to prevent signs of aging, provide 24 hours of significant moisture, and boost radiance. All I can say is ya’ll better buy this!
STEP FIVE – Eye Cream. Eye cream is so important because the skin around the eyes is thinner and more fragile. The skin around the eyes is constantly moving whether you are blinking, squinting or looking at a screen. It is important to take care of such a sensitive area of your face. Please do yourself and look for a good eye cream!
RE9 Advanced Corrective Eye Cream – Last year I was on the hunt for the best eye cream. I bought so many eye creams & tried even more samples. NONE of them left me impressed at all. I wanted an eye cream that would moisturize my eyes as well as reduce under eye fatigue and aging. And I am so thankful my girl Kate recommended this to me. It has changed my life. It does everything you want in an eye cream and more. I can actually tell a difference if I stop using it for more than a day or 2. It moisturizes my under eye area, has almost eliminated little wrinkles that I had. It’s almost as if the skin under my eyes has become stronger. I can even describe how good this product is.
PS. I do not have any affiliation with Arbonne. I don’t sell their products or anything, I just happen to like their products!
These are my tried and true products I have been using all of them for 6months to a year! I have used many skin care products, from drugstore to high end and these are my recommendations!
I am planning on doing several other skincare posts including best masks & best makeup for dry skin! So make sure you subscribe (in sidebar) to be sure you don’t miss out on those posts!
Connect with me on my other socials!
xo – Michelle